Leave it to to the internet to bring me irrational anger about reader's polls. It's all opinion, of course, which everyone is free to feel. Do I agree with some of these? Hell yeah. Do I disagree? Oh, definitely. That's the magic of internet polls! You're always going to get angry and think someone is being pretentious about their tastes! By the way, I'd never make a list like this.
10. Dave Matthews Band: Aww, am I really the only person who actually enjoyed them?
9. Ace of Base: When I was in sixth grade, our class had a reading book called "I Touched the Sun." Of course, being the idiot that I am, I decided to change the lyrics of "I Saw the Sign" to fit the name of the book. That is when I realized that I wanted to act like a moron for a career.
8. Spin Doctors: I feel bad that they're on this list! There really wasn't a band worse than this?
7. Bush: Again, I feel bad. Unfortunately, Gavin Rossdale will always be best known as Mr. Stefani.
6. Hootie and the Blowfish: Look, I can see how people would get tired of hearing them in some Adult Contemporary form. It doesn't mean that they're terrible.
5. Nirvana: I'm just going to put Rolling Stone's comments here...
What the f*** happened here? Did the members of Warrant, Mötley Crüe, Poison and Bang Tango come together to stuff the ballot boxes? Who hates Nirvana? Sure, the crazy success of Nevermind meant that many Eighties superstars seemed like premature has-beens, but that was inevitable. Country Joe and the Fish didn't seem very cool in 1971, either. Times change. Fans move on. You're often only as big as your last hit. But Nirvana were a great band. Their three albums are nearly perfect, and they are guaranteed to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year. We're sorry, but everyone who voted for them in this poll is wrong.
Overrated? Yes. Bad? No. Don't crap on Nirvana just to "be different."
4. Hanson: Is it because they didn't have enormous hits for many years, or is it because it possibly spawned the likes of the Jonas Brothers, One Direction, etc.?
3: Limp Bizkit: No comment.
2. Nickelback: Oh, whatever. You saw this coming, even if you like the band.
1. Creed: If you were one of the bajillion humans who bought their albums, I am pretty sure that this is still not a surprise to you.